Who are the victims of pornography? More than you might think:
- Boys and girls that have lost their innocence by viewing pornography at an early age, as early as five to eleven.
- Wives of men preoccupied with pornography and the sex industry are actually the silent victims.
- Women who are being treated with disrespect and sexually harassed and abused.
- Young women trapped in an industry that exploits and uses them as mere sex objects - or as one porn producer put it 'for their body, not their mind'.
- Children used for the sexual satisfaction of fathers, stepfathers, and men they trusted.
- Young men and all youth exposed to a false image of sexuality.
- Men who just can't stop using pornography or stimulating themselves while recalling those images.
- A society that has become desensitized and dependent upon sex-charged images.
Pornography, sexual abuse, and sex trafficking continue to prevail because our nation continues to act on the belief that children and women are less than truly human.
The inherent value of human life will be raised like a banner and become deeply engrained in the psyche of our nation when hearts awaken to the truth about human dignity. It's time to use our voices and begin the conversation!