We are about to start a conversation, here are some talking points to help start a dialouge with your family & your friends, in your church & your community:
- If we as Christians believe that God the Father created each and every human being and loves them as His own child, then we must respond proactively to the pornification of our culture, and categorically reject its increasing acceptance into the moral character of our country.
- Pornography is poison – dehumanizing people, destroying marriages, ripping families apart, driving men and women into shame-induced depression, and damaging the identities and self-esteem of our youth.
- Pornography is responsible for the increased demand in sex -trafficked persons, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
- Many churches are now speaking out and advocating against the injustice of human trafficking. It is time to help those who care about human trafficking understand pornography’s direct role in the increased demand for sex -trafficked persons and children.
- Studies show exposure to pornography actually rewires the brains of viewers (especially children), compromising the ability to form healthy intimate relationships.
- It grieves the heart of God to see His children used and exploited to gratify the temporary self-serving lust of others. As believers, what grieves the heart of God should grieve us as well.
Let the conversation begin!